Come to the “Off-Kirk” at Campus View on Mon., Feb. 28 at 9 to watch Art & Copy with Ad Club! There will most likely be candy and popcorn for you to enjoy.
Here is a brief description of the film:
ART & COPY is a powerful new film about advertising and inspiration. Directed by Doug Pray (SURFWISE, SCRATCH, HYPE!), it reveals the work and wisdom of some of the most influential advertising creatives of our time — people who’ve profoundly impacted our culture, yet are virtually unknown outside their industry. Exploding forth from advertising’s “creative revolution” of the 1960s, these artists and writers all brought a surprisingly rebellious spirit to their work in a business more often associated with mediocrity or manipulation: George Lois, Mary Wells, Dan Wieden, Lee Clow, Hal Riney and others featured in ART & COPY were responsible for “Just Do It,” “I Love NY,” “Where’s the Beef?,” “Got Milk,” “Think Different,” and brilliant campaigns for everything from cars to presidents. They managed to grab the attention of millions and truly move them. Visually interwoven with their stories, TV satellites are launched, billboards are erected, and the social and cultural impact of their ads are brought to light in this dynamic exploration of art, commerce, and human emotion.
- RT @Adweek: Lego is finally making slippers to protect your feet from those painful little bricks: adweek.it/1OQIp9r https://t.co/5lH… 2 days ago
- RT @chelsiewyse: These Annoying Millennials Actually Have an Important Message for You creativity-online.com/work/bobble-on… 5 days ago
- RT @AdFedWM: Join us at @LongRoadGR to hear out Josh and Adam's journey to brand development. eventbrite.com/e/roadblocks-l… https://t.co/TAiSph6n… 6 days ago
- RT @alyson_ramirez: Thanks Frank Diehl for visiting Ad Club yesterday! 1 week ago
- RT @AdFedWM: Ready or not, here it comes! @AmAdAwards https://t.co/hjaHlPqD5V 1 week ago
November 2015 M T W T F S S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30