Come to the “Off-Kirk” at Campus View on Mon., Feb. 28 at 9 to watch Art & Copy with Ad Club! There will most likely be candy and popcorn for you to enjoy.
Here is a brief description of the film:
ART & COPY is a powerful new film about advertising and inspiration. Directed by Doug Pray (SURFWISE, SCRATCH, HYPE!), it reveals the work and wisdom of some of the most influential advertising creatives of our time — people who’ve profoundly impacted our culture, yet are virtually unknown outside their industry. Exploding forth from advertising’s “creative revolution” of the 1960s, these artists and writers all brought a surprisingly rebellious spirit to their work in a business more often associated with mediocrity or manipulation: George Lois, Mary Wells, Dan Wieden, Lee Clow, Hal Riney and others featured in ART & COPY were responsible for “Just Do It,” “I Love NY,” “Where’s the Beef?,” “Got Milk,” “Think Different,” and brilliant campaigns for everything from cars to presidents. They managed to grab the attention of millions and truly move them. Visually interwoven with their stories, TV satellites are launched, billboards are erected, and the social and cultural impact of their ads are brought to light in this dynamic exploration of art, commerce, and human emotion.
- RT @gvsuAPR: Stay positive, work hard and don't forget to BREATHE. You got this everyone! The day after tomorrow is Thanksgiving break! #Mo… 1 day ago
- RT @RobinSpringGH: Critical thinking, problem solving, persuasive communication, grit, curiosity, calculated risk-taking, a strong network… 3 days ago
- RT @gvsuAPR: Looking for an internship?? @PriorityHealth could be the place for you! Did we mention it's PAID? twitter.com/rick_jensen/st… 1 week ago
- RT @RobinSpringGH: @gvadclub #storytelling twitter.com/eb2b_edu/statu… 1 week ago
- We're here at DVS, a local GR digital marketing agency! https://t.co/BZFy7433vi 1 week ago
November 2017 M T W T F S S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30