Come to the “Off-Kirk” at Campus View on Mon., Feb. 28 at 9 to watch Art & Copy with Ad Club! There will most likely be candy and popcorn for you to enjoy.
Here is a brief description of the film:
ART & COPY is a powerful new film about advertising and inspiration. Directed by Doug Pray (SURFWISE, SCRATCH, HYPE!), it reveals the work and wisdom of some of the most influential advertising creatives of our time — people who’ve profoundly impacted our culture, yet are virtually unknown outside their industry. Exploding forth from advertising’s “creative revolution” of the 1960s, these artists and writers all brought a surprisingly rebellious spirit to their work in a business more often associated with mediocrity or manipulation: George Lois, Mary Wells, Dan Wieden, Lee Clow, Hal Riney and others featured in ART & COPY were responsible for “Just Do It,” “I Love NY,” “Where’s the Beef?,” “Got Milk,” “Think Different,” and brilliant campaigns for everything from cars to presidents. They managed to grab the attention of millions and truly move them. Visually interwoven with their stories, TV satellites are launched, billboards are erected, and the social and cultural impact of their ads are brought to light in this dynamic exploration of art, commerce, and human emotion.
- RT @GVSchoolofCOM: Next Wednesday evening, @gvadclub and @GV_PRSSA are hosting advertising and PR professionals for a resume building works… 3 days ago
- Thanks for chatting with us today everyone, have a safe night! #APRSB 2 weeks ago
- Vote for your favorite commercial of the #superbowl If your top pick didn't make our shortlist, reply below and let… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- Coke Ad > Diet Coke Ad #APRSB 2 weeks ago
- That @amazonecho ad was fantastic. Simple premise, star-studded cast, product front and center = success. #APRSB 2 weeks ago
February 2018 M T W T F S S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28