Come to the “Off-Kirk” at Campus View on Mon., Feb. 28 at 9 to watch Art & Copy with Ad Club! There will most likely be candy and popcorn for you to enjoy.
Here is a brief description of the film:
ART & COPY is a powerful new film about advertising and inspiration. Directed by Doug Pray (SURFWISE, SCRATCH, HYPE!), it reveals the work and wisdom of some of the most influential advertising creatives of our time — people who’ve profoundly impacted our culture, yet are virtually unknown outside their industry. Exploding forth from advertising’s “creative revolution” of the 1960s, these artists and writers all brought a surprisingly rebellious spirit to their work in a business more often associated with mediocrity or manipulation: George Lois, Mary Wells, Dan Wieden, Lee Clow, Hal Riney and others featured in ART & COPY were responsible for “Just Do It,” “I Love NY,” “Where’s the Beef?,” “Got Milk,” “Think Different,” and brilliant campaigns for everything from cars to presidents. They managed to grab the attention of millions and truly move them. Visually interwoven with their stories, TV satellites are launched, billboards are erected, and the social and cultural impact of their ads are brought to light in this dynamic exploration of art, commerce, and human emotion.
- #AdCon today in Detroit! What Lakers are here? #lakerpride 1 week ago
- RT @RobinSpringGH: @gvadclub Get ready for the Addy Awards! Ad Fed talking it up next GVSU Ad Club meeting, Dec. 3. Make plans to be ther… 1 week ago
- brief. Bold. And Basic. @LamarOOH #creativetips #billboards 2 weeks ago
- @LamarOOH proof of how effective billboards truly are! 2 weeks ago
- Don't forget - Ad Club meeting tonight at 9pm, LSH174!! Guest speaker, Frank Diehl from Lamar. He’s kind- of a big deal! 2 weeks ago
November 2014 M T W T F S S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30